Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The last four months of my life

Have been entirely insane!! my good night. :) So, since I last posted what has gone on... hmm... well, I directed Bye Bye Birdie. That required (according to my Excel log - I have skills) over 100 hours of at-school time. wahoo. But that also meant that I wasn't at home an awful lot and what time I did spend at home I mostly spent doing homework for my other classes and/or relieving stress on Facebook. haha. :)
 Also, during February, we had the Sweethearts Ball. It was awesome! I had pretty much the best date, and the best group EVER. Especially since my dear sister and her also awesome date was in the group. Shout-out to Shaylyn - I love you! :D 
The Bonnevaires had their dinner show the week following Sweethearts. That was a loooonnng day. I spent from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at a BBB rehearsal, and then from 2 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. setting up and performing and taking down all the dinner show stuff, and then we watched "Meet the Robinsons." haha perfect ending eh? Bye Bye Birdie magically came together over the next two weeks and we had the strongest opening night that has ever been seen (according to Mr. Dresen). wahoo! :D
Then my focus turned to Bonnevaires again, as tour was two weeks following the BBB performances. We worked our little patooties off for those two weeks and went on our way to the beautiful Salt Lake City! :D yay Utah! On our first night we swam and sang in the pool room. Haha it had some pretty sweet acoustics. :) Then the next day we did exchanges with American Fork HS and Riverton!!! Go Silverwolves! :) I got to see Mrs. Willmore which was super awesome, since I haven't seen her in so long. Then we went back to the hotel, ate dinner and such, and went to St. Mark's Cathedral in SLC for our concert with the Riverton Madrigals. Grandma and Grandpa Johnson came and it was a pretty great success. It was definitely a musical reward for all our hard work. Plus, I got to see some of my great old friends from choir and everything who were there. It was so much fun. :) On Saturday we visited Temple Square which was totally AMAZING!! We not only got to see the Visitor's Center, but we got to sing in Assembly Hall. AND. In. The. TABERNACLE!! Oh my heavens I'm not sure I've ever had a cooler experience in my life!! Ah it was wonderful. :) Then I had Chick-Fil-A for lunch, and introduced several of my friends to the wonder that is peanut-oil-fried chicken chunks and waffle-cut french fries. mmm... haha. Later, we went down to BYU for the BYU Singers alumni concert. It was very cool, except for the fact that we sat in the balcony which caused some panic attacks on my part... dang height-o-phobia. haha :) Afterward, we went to a gelato shop (mmm.) and to Smiths to buy lunch for the next day. On the long bus ride home (i.e. 12:00 - 1:00 a.m.) I had possibly one of the deepest conversations I've ever had with one of my friends. It was pretty cool, actually, especially considering the time of day (or night). On Sunday we went to Music & The Spoken Word and sat next to Iraqi dignitaries. Cool huh? We also got to hear MoTab live - amazing! Then we went back to the hotel for a bit, and went to the Singles ward in my Grandpa Rasmussen's stake. We got to sing a special closing hymn - "Awake, Ye Saints of God" and it's all about unity - and it was really cool because the speakers in sacrament meeting talked about unity! :o stroke of genius! haha. anyway, then we went back to the hotel and I listened to a recording of our concert, and then we went to dinner (paid for in advance ;D) at this tiny Italian restaurant in SLC. We sang for them... and didn't sound so good. haha. Anyway, then we went back to the hotel but not before walking like 5 blocks in the rain, and hail, and I was in a skirt, with no jacket. So me and my friends Kaitlyn and Mason all squeezed into his large trenchcoat and ran like heck. It was fun. :) Later, it started snowing. :( But we were all warm in our hotel by then so it was good. :) On Monday, we went back down to BYU and had an exchange with the BYU Singers and Concert Choir and did a workshop with Dr. Staheli. It was pretty much awesome. :) Then we went back to Idaho, in the snow... and sang for our awesome bus driver. Tour was AMAZING. :D
Since then... um... what have I been doing? haha. Life has slowed down a bit (but only a bit). We've been working on Spotlight in BHS Players, and getting ready for Large Ensemble (April 21st) in choir. By the way, it was awesome! We got 39/40 from one adjudicator and 40/40 from the other. :) I've been prepping for the AP tests in my AP classes (surprise, surprise eh?) and doing nothing as usual in economics. Also I have a business computer applications class which is a nice time-filler, and full of freshmen. :P Oh, also, I got accepted to BYU and USU - decided on USU, didn't get the second scholarship I applied for, did get the first one. Yeah. That's about it I believe. :) and now you have been filled in on my life for the past four months. :) 

1 comment:

Becky Wertz said...

Wow Leesha/Felicia/Rae/Oldest/accomplished singer/Date getter...Well you get the idea. I didn't even notice you hadn't updated your blog..Wink Wink, but I am glad you did. It's nice to know what you are up to in details. And as usual you are wonderful!