Now for the part you've all been waiting to hear - Commencement! aka my Senior prom! It was so amazing. Remember that one date I told you about? click here: http://thesecondsopranospillsall.blogspot.com/2008/07/updating-you-on-my-life.html Well, for Commencement we had the same group, we just switched dates. :D I went with Craig and Bryce and Heidi went together. For our day date we had a picnic along the Greenbelt (i.e. the lovely little green walkway park thing along the Snake River and right by the IF Temple). Then we made boats out of mini loaves of bread and floated them along the river, hoping to feed the ducks... unfortunately the waterfowl were disinterested in our food. The geese on land however liked the bits of the middle of the loaves that we fed them even though they hissed at us. haha. :) Then we drove around town all over the place, making (guess what?) another music video! The theme of this one was "models escaping from jail." It was rather exciting especially since for a lot of the time I was handcuffed to Craig (Bryce and Heidi were Chinese-finger-trapped to each other). We filmed and had a rather grand time. :) Then I got home at about 4:30 and started getting ready. Shayshay curled my hair and pulled it half-back and I had a tiara! haha I felt like such a princess. :) In the midst of this, Shay asked me when I was going to get the boutonneire from the flower shop... whoops. After not being home much this week I totally spaced ordering one. =/ bad Felicia. So Mom made an emergency trip to Wal-mart and put together a boutonneire herself. Yay Mamma! I had barely brushed my teeth when Craig came, and I was still shoeless and jewelryless - lovely I know. I was under the impression that he was going to be there at 7, he thought he said 6:45 and it was about halfway in between there when he came. Luckily I finished quickly and we did the whole corsage-boutonneire-take-a-bunch-of-pictures thing and went out to the car. Craig being the wonderful gentleman that he is opened all my doors and told me I looked beautiful. :) Of course he looked handsome himself so I told him that. :) We went to pick up Heidi and then went back to Craig's house. We got there a little too early because dinner was not quite ready yet so we got to see all of the Snow's adorable kittens! Two of their cats just had litters and oh my heck the kitties were adorable! Some of them weren't any bigger than my hand. Craig has one that's specifically his and he named it Jason Bourne haha. It was so cute. :) Dinner was ready then and we went to his backyard and ate in a sort of "treehouse" thing that was attached to a swingset. The whole setup was so cute! :) And the dinner was delicious - props to Craig's mom haha. :) We ate and took some more pictures and such. Another adorable thing - Craig's little brother (who is in Canyon's class at school by the way -random haha) played the "waiter" for the night and he had this little curly mustache drawn on his face. It was so funny. :) After eating we went back down and Craig's mom and dad came out and took some more pictures haha. :) love the pictures. :) They were the nicest people - I think his mom probably said like 5 times how pretty I was. Then as we were in the car driving to the dance Craig told me that his mom really liked me and told him that I was gorgeous so I've got a pretty good idea what she thinks of me. haha :) We got to the dance and went and got our little masks and took dance pictures. For our couple shot, I sat on Craig's knee with my big poofy dress and it was really cute. :) For the group shot, we kind of continued our day date theme and struck modelesque poses. Then we went and talked to a bunch of our friends and danced to the songs that were actually possible to dance to. That is, not rap. haha. Craig is an amazing dancer too- so all the slow songs were way fun. We didn't just wobble in a circle - we actually got to dance - except for my dress was too long so I tripped on it a lot. haha. :) They did the senior toast so I got a nifty little commemorative glass. :) The end of the night came way too quickly, but it was a truly amazing day. I don't think I've ever had so much fun at a dance, so it was the perfect Senior "prom" even though they don't call it that. I'll be sure to post all of the pictures as soon as I get a chance. :) And I'll probably post a link to all of his too so you get the full effect haha. :) Love you all!
Leesha
1 comment:
I am glad you posted so I didn't have to harrass you all week. I teared up a bit cause you use to be so little. And dang straight you are gorgeous. You would look good in a potato sack and unbathed!!!!! I am so proud of you like you were one of my own. I am glad this Craig kid was respectful. I would hate to have to hex him!
Post a Comment