Oh my gosh. Yesterday was so fun! I got up way early in the morning and me and dad went and picked up Alex and the other two couples (Katie & Stephen, Deanna & Ryan) and we all went to IHOP in our pjs and ate breakfast. Then we went home and I cleaned like crazy to try and keep the house clean so it was ready for people to come to. That's not exactly a commom occurence at our house.
Haha but after I was done cleaning I got ready for dinner and the dance. My dress was brown with an empire waist and it went a little past my knees with gold beading on the bottom. I pulled my hair back and put a brown and gold double headband in it. I had dangly earrings with a bunch of rings on them and an illusion-type necklace with little gold spheres all over it.
We went over to Alex's house (it took us a half-hour to get there! It's almost in a different county!) and picked him up and took pictures and stuff.
We did a progressive dinner, so we first went to Deanna's house for the appetizer (salad, heart-shaped breadsticks, french bread and olive-pickle-cheese mini kabobs) and took more pictures.
Then we drove over to Katie's (Stephen was our official chauffer for the night. His family has a 15-passenger van.) and had dinner (steak and twice-baked potatoes) and took even more pictures!
We then went to my house and had dessert (chocolate chip pie in a heart-shaped pie pan). My mom, being the awesome person that she is, went out and picked up sparkling cider and candles so we had a candlelit dessert. Mom and Dad took all the kiddies out because they didn't trust them to stay downstairs while we were there, but they ended up coming home while we were still there anyway. That was ok thought, since guess what we did next? You got it! Took more pictures! And since Mom's pretty much a professional photographer, she took the pics for us! (speaking of pictures, I'll post them on here asap.)
Well, after we got dinner all done with, we went to the dance. By the time we got there, it was like 9:30 (our dances start at 8:30) so we had two hours to dance and yep, you got it, take more pictures! Well, Ryan is an amazing ballroom dancer, so he taught us all some swing steps and a Viennese Waltz(my spelling's horrible probably) so we waltzed during a lot of the slow songs rather than rocking back and forth in a circle.
For our couple picture, we did a role-reversal thing and I got down on one knee and pretended to propose and Alex did this REALLY exaggerated excited face. It was funny. Then for our group picture, Alex sat on this bench and pretended to read a book, and I put my arms on his shoulders and looked down and over them like I was reading over his shoulder, and Katie and Deanna sat on either side of Alex and were swooning over him or something, then Stephen and Ryan stood by their dates and acted all stressed and like they were trying to get the girls' attention back. It was way cute.
After the dance was over, we drove home but it took a reeeeaaaaaalllllllly long time. The roads were terrible. So we went all the way out to Alex's house, and it was ten or twenty minutes past midnight by the time we got there. I was the last person to get dropped off, and it was a little after one in the morning, but after changing into my pjs (sorry, I'm not going to sleep in a dress. Haha) brushing my teeth, reading scriptures, writing in my journal and saying my prayers, I didn't get to sleep till two. Who's glad she didn't have 9 o'clock church in the morning? Me!
So, sorry for the extra long post. If this one didn't put you to sleep, you deserve more hugs.
Love,
Felicia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH MY GOSH it sounds like you had the best time! I will be expecting pictures later today :) I can imagine you in that dress you were probably soooo beautiful because well...you are always beautiful.
Aww thanks Brenda. :) I'm going to have pictures as soon as my mom's done with her memory card for her product photography so it'll be soon hopefully. :)
Post a Comment