Tonight, or actually yesterday night due to the fact that it is now past midnight, was the opening night! It was so much fun, despite the fact that the last couple weeks have been insane. I had to come in two hours early for school over the past week to learn choreography (which I learned on Tuesday, practiced on Wednesday, and performed almost flawlessly tonight! haha). Plus, we had tech rehearsals Tue & Wed night. No time for homework or actually really anything else. It was super crazy. To add onto it all, we didn't have a straight and complete run-thru of the show until tonight, which was our performance. It went a heck of a lot better than I expected. The scenes and songs were so fun to watch (even from backstage - I wish I could've seen them from the audience) and to perform, when I was in one. If you guys want, I'll post the complete program with specific ones. I think our best performance was in the closing of Act I, with "Facade" from Jekyll and Hyde. That is one of the most fun songs to sing, ever. You really get into character and have all this pure loathing building up inside you for your best friend on the other side, and the adrenaline is pumping, and then once you're offstage everyone loves each other again. Haha it's seriously one of the funniest things to experience. The whole show went pretty well, especially for it being the first time we had done it all put together. I need to quit typing now - I've still got school in the morning and another performance tomorrow night! I'll let you all know how that goes too! :)
Love,
Felicia
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am sure you were perfect! I wish I was there, have your mom take pics and post for us ok?? Love you :)
Post a Comment